– Altitude estimation with three different methods to be always sure to get a reliable measure, even without internet connection.
– Historical charts to see your excursions elevation gain.
– Maps with peaks’ name and contour lines. Pick elevation from any point on the map.
– Pictures with impressed place name and altitude.
Altitude can be estimated:
– With satellites triangulation. Slow and less accurate but it works even with no internet connection.
– Taking the ground elevation at your current position from a global elevation map.
– Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). It calibrates itself on pressure from the nearest weather station to improve accuracy.
As additional PRO features you can also:
– compensate systematic error of pressure sensor
– download a larger area of the global elevation map
– record altitude without opening the App
– pick elevation on the map with no limitation
– have no advertising